Game Empire Pasadena

Welcome to the Game Empire Pasadena Forums!

Any pokemon gamers?

Let me show you them!

Any pokemon gamers?

Postby Grimstar » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:23 am

Hello, trying to see if there is anyone out there that plays?
Grimstar

Re: Any pokemon gamers?

Postby Game Empire Chuck » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:30 am

Pokemon is actually very active at Game Empire. We are an official "Pokemon Gym" and run events every Sunday from 11 am to 3 pm. Taylor runs the gym and is a designated Pokemon Professor. We host Battle Roads and City Championships on a regular basis. In fact, the Pokemon City Championships was the very first event we ever hosted in December 2006 (before the retail part of the store was even open). I think Pokemon is a great game no matter what your age. Come on down on Sunday and check it out.
Chuck
"The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play."
Captain Kirk - "Shore Leave"

Check out my gaming blog at http://theinsightfulgamer.wordpress.com
Game Empire Chuck
The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese

Postby StoneRhino79 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:34 am

I have a question, about 10 years ago I used to play this game with someone I knew. I don't remember the expansions the cards were from, but they were all of the original characters. This was back when gameboy meant the old black dot matrix on a greenish colored screen and the games that were out were simply Red and Blue. I know we bought these cards 10 years ago, originally for her younger brother but we gave it a try and had fun with it.

I ended up with the cards that have been sitting in a box since then. I was wondering if any of them are still valid, or have any value to them. I have played the Battletech CCG by wotc, ShadowRun, Starwars(decipher), and now L5R, but I have to agree with the idea that pokemon is a fun game regardless of age. From what I remember it had its connections to the Battletech CCG, which is supposed to be based heavily off of Magic. It was a fun, light hearted game that could get intense if you wanted to really compete, but fun either way.
StoneRhino79

Postby Devqn » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:37 pm

Hello, I was wondering if you must be there on the first day of a new pokemon league? And what happens if you miss a day during the session? I've collected the cards for a long time but never had someplace reliable to play and was hoping to start.
Devqn

Return to My Pokemans...