Game Empire Pasadena

Welcome to the Game Empire Pasadena Forums!

Seeking players for Shadowrun

Check here for all the latest RPG happenings.

Seeking players for Shadowrun

Postby Agermeister » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:16 pm

Not that anybody uses these forums much, but I figured I'd post here to see if I can't get some interest going.

I'm interested in running one last game of Shadowrun 4th as the edition comes to a close. I'm thinking about running a game set in post-occupation San Francisco, about 2074 in SR timeline. In the spirit of simplifying the rules and attracting new players, we'll be doing things at a bit of a lower starting point than the usual 400 point characters. I'm thinking of limiting characters to 300 points at chargen and having the group come together in the Oakland/Berkley barrens turf.

Man, magic, and machine. Interested? Drop me a line. Right now I'm thinking Thursdays or Sundays will work best for me, but let me know your availability and I'm sure we can work something out.

-Ian
Agermeister

Re: Seeking players for Shadowrun

Postby Tancred72 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:15 pm

I love SR, and am totally down to play. Either day works for me, I do have most of the books as pdfs that I'm totally willing to share with the group for creation.
Curse and swear Lord Kildare,
Fiach will do what Fiach will dare
Now FitzWilliam, have a care
Fallen is your star, low.
Up with halberd out with sword
On we'll go for by the lord
Fiach MacHugh has given the word,
Follow me up to Carlow.
Tancred72

Postby Agermeister » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:29 am

Excellent! Things are still a bit busy for me until after this week, but I'll probably be putting materials together for an intro/character creation session in late April or early May.
Agermeister

Postby Tancred72 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:38 pm

Sounds like a plan. I have The Runners Toolkit on pdf, it includes a character creation option called PACKS where instead of buying everything the normal way, it's more like plug in packages so it'll tell you the build point cost and what you get. If you want I can email that to you so you can look at it.
Curse and swear Lord Kildare,
Fiach will do what Fiach will dare
Now FitzWilliam, have a care
Fallen is your star, low.
Up with halberd out with sword
On we'll go for by the lord
Fiach MacHugh has given the word,
Follow me up to Carlow.
Tancred72

Postby TacticalBrain » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:24 pm

Tancred72 wrote:I love SR, and am totally down to play. Either day works for me, I do have most of the books as pdfs that I'm totally willing to share with the group for creation.

As long as I don't have have to shell out for a bunch of 4th ed books I would be willing to join in
Yes those miniatures are unpainted. I'm sorry did you come to play, or sip tea and watch an art show?
TacticalBrain

Postby Agermeister » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:38 pm

TacticalBrain wrote:
Tancred72 wrote:I love SR, and am totally down to play. Either day works for me, I do have most of the books as pdfs that I'm totally willing to share with the group for creation.

As long as I don't have have to shell out for a bunch of 4th ed books I would be willing to join in

Shelling out for the books is absolutely not required. I've got a hard copy of the 20th Anniversary corebook, and have most of the 4e supplements as PDFs.

Now that it's looking like this might actually happen, I'm gonna put my GM hat on and write up a quick primer with some region-appropriate fluff and character creation guidelines. I'll look to schedule an intro session sometime in the next couple weeks.
Agermeister

Postby Agermeister » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:32 pm

Alright chummers, here we go! Below you'll find a link to a little primer on the setting I want to run in.

http://pastebin.com/xiNv1i76

You're not strictly required to read the above, but it might help you think up ideas for your characters. If you're unfamiliar with the Shadowrun setting, I'd also recommend you take a look at the corebook, particularly the intro sections on how the world has changed with the advent of magic and the matrix. All of this is strictly optional, however.

We're going to be starting off in the Orkland Barrens, so it'll be a bit more of a street-level game, at least initially. Here are your character creation guidelines:

300 BP or 500 Karma if using Karmagen
    Free knowledge skill points equal to 3x(Logic+Intuition)
    Free BP for Contacts equal to 2xCharisma
    Maximum Availability 10/10R/10F for gear. Taking the Restricted Gear Quality likewise allows you a single piece of equipment at 18/18R/18F per rating point.

Any questions, post them here or PM me directly. I'd like to get the ball rolling on this soon, so how about a first meeting this coming Sunday, April 28th, at the store at around 2pm? We'll be able to meet, discuss characters, and get a party going.

-Ian
Agermeister

Postby TacticalBrain » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:55 am

Sunday works for me. You might also see if we can get posted on the front page of the meetup.com site.
Yes those miniatures are unpainted. I'm sorry did you come to play, or sip tea and watch an art show?
TacticalBrain

Postby Daeglan » Thu May 30, 2013 8:57 pm

Is there still room?
Daeglan

Return to Role-Playing Games