Game Empire Pasadena

Welcome to the Game Empire Pasadena Forums!

Promethean: The Created at Game Empire

Check here for all the latest RPG happenings.

Promethean: The Created at Game Empire

Postby Drumheller » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:44 pm

In 2006 White Wolf released Promethean: The Created, a game about playing created monsters in the World of Darkness. Basically their Frankenstein WOD game.

At it's heart, Promethean is a quest and mystery game and the premise is that your character awakens as 1 of 5 types of created monsters. And the mystery and quest is finding the origins of your being and the search to become human again.

It lines up with the great literary tales, films and folk legends of the non human enitity in search of humanity. Think Frankenstein, Pinocchio, Blade Runner, A.I. and the golem folk stories all with a World of Darkness twist.

The game has been out of print for sometime and used copies sell for no less then $70 on Amazon, new copies sell in the triple digits. Now, Drive Thru RPG sells a print on demand version of the book, but it's not as good as the normal book printing, it's more akin to bound photocopy pages.

I mention this because, last week, I saw a new copy on the shelves at Game Empire, ripe for the taking. Jump at this game while you can, it's a good one.

And if you pick it up and are looking for a game, the Dead Gamers Society: The So Cal World of Darkness Meetup is looking to start a Promethean game in 2013.

Have a Happy New Year and much good gaming in 2013.
Organizer: Dead Gamers Society: The So Cal World of Darkness Meetup
http://www.meetup.com/Dead-Gamers-Society/
Drumheller

Re: Promethean: The Created at Game Empire

Postby jburgos » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:59 am

Im interested!!

When can we schedule a game at Game Empire??
DM for The Pasadena D&D Meetup
jburgos

Return to Role-Playing Games